Cake smash sessions are so much fun! Think about it, it is really a great milestone of your babies life. Its the first time they eat, well smash into a cake, which is one of the most significant symbols of a birthday. Over time, I have found some amazing tips to help your cake smash session be absolutely perfect!
1. Prepare! Simple props such as a diaper cover, tie, headband, or banner in the background can make a huge difference!
- Some people like to coordinate it to the theme of their babies first birthday, however some people like to do just a simple color theme to keep it timeless. Its truly up to you!
- Cloth Diapers tend to help a session look more complete compared to a regular disposable diaper.
2. Don’t use a chocolate cake or red frosting (more maroon then red I would say, I have had successful cake smashes with bright red frosting.) I also try to steer my clients away from red velvet cake as well. Mixed with drool, these colors don’t look pleasant, in fact they look like bodily functions!
- Want to do something cute other than white? Try blue, green, or even pink frosting!
3. Professionally made cakes tend to photograph better. Try your local bakery or grocery store. In my area, the following ladies make some adorable cakes!
4. Let the cake sit out of the fridge a while so its not so hard.
5. Make sure to bring plenty of wipes and towels to wipe up baby afterwards! 🙂
6. Some babies really don’t like cake. (I know, wierd right?) Most likely its the texture or the super sweet taste compared to what they are used to. Sometimes this can be disappointing, but remember that you will always remember that moment! 🙂
Want to book a Cake Smash in January or February?
Book a Cake Smash Mini Session in January or February (2015) for only $89!
Included in this session is a 30 minute session (1 child), 1 Regular Outfit and 1 cake smash outfit (diaper cover, tutu, tie, etc) 1-2 Backdrops, 5 High Resolution Images & Print Release. Bring your own cake to match your child’s personality or birthday theme!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 838.7533 to book!